Call for Applications – Jury President (JP) – National Championships
The CEC is accepting applications for the position of Jury President at each of the 9 National Series events in the 2019/20 season
The Jury President (JP) will have overall authority within the Competition Area (as defined in Article 3.3) of the CEC rules. This authority extends to covering the activities of the media and all persons nominated by the organizer. The overall authority of the JP covers all aspects of the running of the competition. The JP presides over all meetings of CEC officials and over organization and technical meetings with the competition organizers, team officials and competitors. Although the JP does not normally have a judging role, they may at any time choose to carry out any judging task generally assigned to the CEC Judge or other judges should they deem that necessary. The JP is responsible for briefing all officiating Judges on the application of the CEC Rules before the start of a competition. The JP is a member of the Appeals Jury with the Technical Delegate. The JP is required to submit a detailed report to the CEC on the competition and on each Aspirant Judge undergoing the final phase of their training program.
A detailed List of Duties will be sent to successful candidates.
All CEC officials will be required to have the following training modules prior to the event:
- Respect in Sport: https://respectgroupinc.com/respect-in-sport/ or an equivalent.
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool or a provincial equivalent https://www.injuryresearch.bc.ca/education/concussion-awareness-training-tool/ or NCCP “Making Head way in Sport”
- NCCP modules – Making Ethical decisions and
- Criminal Record Check, including “Vulnerable Sector”
- Read and remain up to date on all CEC and IFSC rules and regulations.
Experience and skills
Successful candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience as CEC (Head) Judge at prior CEC sanctioned events.
- Recommendation of a CEC Jury President, or a Jury President equivalent from another governing body.
- These recommendations are discipline specific (Boulder, Lead, Speed) and assignments can only be given based upon the recommended discipline.
- Successful completion a practicum or equivalent including observing and assisting a recognized CEC Jury President or a Jury President equivalent of another nation.
- The CEC Jury President, or their equivalent, will make a recommendation to the CEC for certification or make a recommendation for the CEC Jury President practicum to continue.
The JP is expected to arrive 1 day in advance of the competition.
- travel and accommodation (to be arranged by CEC)
- contract fee for the length of event as follows:
- 2-day event contract = $900
- 3-day event contract = $1200
Applications will be open from September 10th to 11:59 pm PDT, September 25th/2019.
Email applications including personal CV to: email@example.com
Please indicate which event(s) you are applying for.
The selection committee for the Technical Delegate position at National Championships is as follows:
- High Performance Director
- CEC Athlete Rep
- CEC Series Coordinator
- CEC President
Successful candidates will be notified September 30th, 2019.
2019/2020 Event dates
- Open Boulder Regionals – December 14-15, 2019
- Youth Boulder Regionals – January 25-26, 2020
- Lead Speed Regionals – May 1-3, 2020
- Open Boulder Nationals – January 11-12, 2020
- Youth Boulder Nationals – February 15-17, 2020
- Lead Speed Nationals – May 16-18, 2020 **