Climbing Escalade Canada’s High Performance Program (HPP) enhances athlete development and performance through support from CEC Coaching Staff, invitations to Training Camps and access to Canadian Sport System resources.
The objective of the HPP is to increase the number of Canadian athletes achieving top 15 results at World Cup, World Championships and Olympic Games competitions.
CEC High Performance Program identifies athletes in Train to Compete, Learning to Win, and Winning for a Living stages of CEC’s Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) framework. The HPP is aligned with CEC’s high-performance strategies and funding partners, such as Sport Canada and Own the Podium (OTP).
The HPP is separate from Event Teams Selections for International and Continental Competitions.
- Download Amended 2021-2024 CEC HPP version 2.2- october 2021
- Link to Continuous National Ranking information
- Link to Event Teams Selections
Amendments to High Performance Program
CEC has made amendments to the High Performance Program as a result of the disruptions to the 2021 competition season and some key learnings from the Tokyo Olympic Games. Below is a Summary of the amendments contained in the HPP doc.
A summary of the Amendments contained in All High Performance Program docs is available here.
1. HPP Amendments
Benefits and Support
- Change to clarify priority selection for Olympic and National Squads
Selection to HPP
- Amendments to HPP Entry Points for 2022 only.
- Minor changes to wording in introduction to clarify timelines
- Increased detail in Selection Criteria for Olympic Squad.
- Amendments and Clarification to HP Competition Invitations.